August 15, 2004
Are you having trouble not being able to see the navigational menu for LongearsMall.com at the top of our web pages?
You should see a menu like this at the top of almost every page.
For Internet Explorer
1. At the top of your browser's menu click on "Tools". The bottom choice on the "Tools" drop-down menu should be "Internet Options". Click on that.
2. On the "Internet Options" window you will see a "Security" tab. Click on it.
3. Near the bottom you will see a "Custom" button. Click on it.
After making sure that scripting is enabled click "OK", then "Yes" when asked "Are you sure you want to change security settings for this zone?"
5. Click "OK" to close your "Internet Options" window, and return to your browser window.
6. Close and re-open your browser. Try accessing http://www.longearsmall.com. The menus should now display.
1. At the top of your browser's menu click on "Edit". The bottom choice on the "Edit" drop-down menu should be "Preferences". Click on that.
2. On the "Preferences" window you will see an "Advanced" category on the left side. Click on the arrow beside "Advanced", and you will see a list of options display below "Advanced". Click on the one called "Scripts & Plugins".
5. Close and re-open your browser. Try accessing http://www.longearsmall.com. The menus should now display.
If you are using WebTV, you will also have trouble seeing the menus at the top of the LongearsMall.com pages.
Today I added a new navigational panel in the footer of the pages. It looks like this.
I really appreciate all the feedback and suggestions I have been getting about the Longears Mall! If you think of something that you would like to see added to the LongearsMall.com website or find something on our site that you think we should consider changing, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and share your ideas with us!
Posted by Kristie Jorgensen at August 15, 2004 09:53 PM