January 03, 2005
Happy New Years!
I hope you all had a great holiday season! I'm sure, like me, you are looking forward to the coming months - many great trail rides, shows, time with you're longeared buddies, and many experiences along the way.
While I was thinking about the new year, I was surfing on Internet and found this fun list of New Year's Resolutions for the Horse Lover. I think a lot of them could apply to us longears owners, too!
And while we're making our resolutions, here are a few for your favorite longeared buddies:
Your Donkey's or Mule's New Year's Resolutions
- I will only wiggle a little (just enough to stay out of his reach) when the vet comes to give me shots.
- I'll reserve my chewing on the barn for times with mom and dad can't see me. Then I can surprise them!
- I will only toss the best hay on the floor. Then I can more easily sort through it and find the best tasting morsels before anyone else, while leaving the rest in the manger for later.
- When mommy brings out the halter I'll be the first to meet her - but only if she's coming to take one of my buddies out instead.
- Clean shavings are a wonderful gift of love from my mom. So I'll do my best every time to show her how much I appreciate my freshly cleaned stall. The ultimate way to do this is by peeing right in the middle of the shavings as soon as she is finished cleaning my stall.
- I will always load in the trailer when daddy asks me to, but only if he isn't in a hurry and we aren't going anywhere. Moving floors were not meant to be stood on.
- Mom always says we need to be clipped for shows in the spring. Maybe I'll start working early and surprise her with my excellent barber skills on my herd buddies. It can't take too long to remove a mouthful of hair here and there, and a chew off their tails.
- Humans don't like too much noise. So I will be polite and only bray when I have a good reason to. That may include feeding times, whenever I see a person that might come talk to me, when I'm board, when mommy is training my buddy, when mommy leaves without giving me a treat, or any other time I feel like it...
- And lastly, I'll be the most lovable mule or donkey in the whole wide world!
Happy New Years!
Posted by Kristie Jorgensen at January 3, 2005 10:08 PM